- my friend paige told me that one of her friends is pretty much the spitting image of me. she showed me a picture of her awhile back and i was amazed at how much she looked like me. paige’s friend came into j.crew yesterday and i introduced myself to her. needless to say, it was a weird feeling.
- you know you’re exhausted from working 5 days in a row when you fall up the stairs twice during your shift - once at the beginning and twice at the end.
- on saturday, a crackhead approached jesse and i at the skytrain station, asking us if our outfits were our school uniforms. jesse replied with ‘no.’ he then asked us if we were trying to dress up as superheroes and jesse told him that we were going to work. the crackhead asked us “if by work, does that mean that you two are porn stars?” he then proceeded to ask jesse if he could pay jesse to watch me and him “go at it for awhile.” i gave this guy the most evil look and said “no, i don’t think so.” what is my life?
- i went to jialin’s housewarming party on friday, which was a lot of fun. i taught everyone how to tie a bowtie and met zach from the zolas and asked if he’s interested in being featured in the next issue of freckled. he said yes!
- the national are coming to vancouver in september!
- i’m going to see the xx and sigur rós in two weeks!
the last few days have been really eventful.
i’ve finished my last full semester at UBC, which feels pretty surreal. i mean, i’m not officially finished yet, but i finish in june, which is not that far away.
yesterday was a good day. i met up with justine, who coincidentally knows me from tumblr, yet she works a few doors down from where i work, which is pretty cool. i paid a visit to her store the other day to kill time before i went to work (i’m always so early), she introduced herself to me and now we’re friends! we had a japadog/beard papas date yesterday and hung out with jialin for a little while on the steps of the art gallery, which was really nice. after, i went to go see stars in concert for the third time with jialin, maria and a bunch of people/friends i had just met that day and i ran into a lot of old friends from school as well. i was really disappointed, because my ticket said that there would be a “special performance” from feist, so i naturally assumed that she’d be there in person to perform, but no. she appeared in the form of a hologram, which was pretty bizarre, i must say. stars was great, but it wasn’t their best performance. we were standing really close to the speakers the entire night, so it was pretty loud, but all in all, a good day. p.s. the show was free, so i probably shouldn’t be complaining.
jesse and i had a good talk last night. one of our managers brought up the idea a couple weeks ago of him transferring to hong kong or tokyo when j.crew opens up some stores there. yesterday, one of his clients came in yesterday and told him that he should go to hong kong, because there would most likely be more opportunities for him and plus, he can speak mandarin, not japanese. he told me that if he did that, we’d have to be a long distance couple and i told him that i don’t want to do that. i brought up the idea of me going with him to teach english, while still working for j.crew and possibly interning at a magazine, like hypebeast. he thought that might be a good idea, because there would be more opportunities for me there, as opposed to here in vancouver. both of us want to end up in new york someday, so hong kong would be a good transitioning place for both of us for a year or two. so we’ll see what happens when the time comes.
freedom has never felt so good.
actually, i’m sure it’ll feel better when i’m completely done with school in three months.
- wednesday - on-call 3-7 pm, my aunt and uncle are leaving, thank goodness / FREEDOM from 4th year for three weeks
- thursday - lunch with justine, stars concert with jialin, maria and clayton
- friday - ???
- saturday - work from 12-6, clare and mia’s going away celebration
somewhere in between, i need to pick up my may u-pass and figure out my life.